100 Franklin’s Row
34305 Solon Road
Cleveland, OH 44139
EDWARD M. RYDER
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Auto & Commercial Trucking
- Construction Litigation
- Employment & Labor Law
- General Liability
- Insurance Agents & Brokers
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability & Licensing
Mr. Ryder is an original partner of Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder Co., L.P.A. and has invested much time in building a firm that is now more than ten times its original size. Ed has managed the Columbus office and currently works out of the Cleveland office.
Besides practicing law, Ed has held several political offices. He served as the clerk of the Euclid City Council and also as the Newbury Township Trustee. Ed has also been a member of the Ohio House of Representatives.
Ed has expanded his defense practice to represent professionals in many capacities. He has defended professionals such as insurance agents, accountants, real estate agents and home inspectors whose negligence allegedly led to large property damage losses. He has defended contractors and builders in both large property damage claims and personal injury claims.
In his legal career, Ed has established a record of successfully trying and defending large liability cases that often have involved very sensitive subject matters. He has defended insurance companies from material misrepresentation allegations and from allegations of bad faith and denial of coverage. He has also successfully defended tractor-trailer and automobile operators whose negligence was alleged to have resulted in deaths and serious injuries.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Geauga County Bar Association
- Ohio House of Representatives, Member (1971-1972)
- Euclid City Council
- Newbury Township Trustee
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D., 1977, Cleveland State University , Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- B.A., 1970, Cleveland State University