100 Franklin’s Row
34305 Solon Road
Cleveland, OH 44139
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mr. Pinzone focuses his practice on municipal law and insurance defense, with a concentration on complex land and zoning issues. He defends government entities such as Counties, Municipalities, Townships, Villages, Social Service Agencies and other local authorities. He has extensive experience handling litigation in both state and federal courts relating to civil rights, employment, complex land use and zoning, and personal injury.
He has successfully litigated lawsuits involving challenges to the constitutionality of governmental zoning for residential and commercial properties. John has also had the opportunity to review zoning and land use regulations and advise planning commissions, zoning boards and City Council regarding the application of such regulations.
In addition, he represents and defends school districts and school district personnel. He has successfully defended and resolved a wide variety of legal claims involving personal injury, civil rights, and educational regulations. John has also advised school district personnel and board members as to the application of school regulations and statues.
Prior to joining MRR, Mr. Pinzone worked as a staff attorney and administrative counsel for the Ohio Eleventh District Court of Appeals.
- Aurora Partners III v. City of Aurora (Portage County Court of Common Pleas)
- Bulman v. City of Chardon (Geauga County Court of Common Pleas)
- Contreraz v. Village of Bettsville (Seneca County Court of Common Pleas)
- Falzone v. Village of Bratenahl (U.S. District Court, Northern District)
- Jamison v. City of Warren (U.S. District Court, Northern District and Trumbull County Court of Common Pleas)
- Lausin v. Richmond Hts. Bd. of Education (U.S. District Court, Northern District)
- Lucas v. City of Strongsville (Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas)
- Savoca v. Village of Walton Hills (Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas)
- Schmitt v. Berea City Schools (Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas)
- Wilson v. City of Aurora (Portage County Court of Common Pleas)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Geauga County Bar Association
- Ohio Eleventh District Court of Appeals, Staff Attorney (2003-2006)
- “Ohio Municipal Attorney Association Municipal Law Update” – Ohio Municipal Attorney Association Spring Conference (2013)
- Multiple presentations and seminars before governmental employees regarding risk management and employment law issues
- “Know Your Defects” – OACTA 2012 Fall Quarterly, An examination of a political subdivision’s immunity under R.C. § 2744.02(B)(4) the physical defect exception
- “MRR Prevails on Appeal in Drowning Case” – Decisive Defense, MRR’s Legal Blog (2011)
- “The Affordable Prescription Drugs Act: A Solution for Today’s High Prescription Drug Prices” (2001)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- J.D., 2002, Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- B.S., 1999, The Ohio State University