- March 22, 2018
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Join us for MRR’s Legal Update: Student Restraint and Seclusion & Student Records Confidentiality Training on 3/22/18
Half-Day and Full-Day Seminar sessions available. Lunch is included with Full-Day attendance.
9:00am – 12:15pm Student Restraint and Seclusion Session (3 hours of EILA credit available)
- What does the Kentucky Restraint and Seclusion Regulation require?
- Who must be trained in restraint and seclusion?
- Who should document incidents of restraint and seclusion?
- What are the requirements for notice of restraint and seclusion to parents?
- How are restraint and seclusion defined?
- Are there types of restraints that are unlawful for schools to use?
- De-escalation strategies
1:15 – 4:30pm Student Records Confidentiality Session (3 hours of EILA credit available)
- Recognizing a mixed student record and open record request and responding to it
- Electronic records concerns
- Court and U.S. Department of Education opinions
- Privacy and consent laws for pupil surveys
- When can you share education records with outside law enforcement officers
and outside social workers?
- Do you know how to comply with the Children’s Internet Act?
- Do you know who can access free/reduced lunch information?
Other important information:
- Registration from 8:30 – 9:00 am
- Lunch is served from 12:15 – 1:15 pm
*** We have a special room block rate with the hotel. Call Embassy Suites at 859-455-5000 or 800-EMBASSY and request the Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder room block rate for this training – $139.95. Call to reserve your room by 3.8.18.
Have questions or need more information? Contact Paige Huntoon at 859.899.8905 or via email – email@example.com
Venue Phone: 859-271-4000Address: