- Student Records Confidentiality & Open Records Law Seminar
April 25, 2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
When records requests involve both student records and other school district
records, the intersection of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) and the Kentucky Open Records law can cause confusion for even
the most experienced educational professionals. Since there can be financial
penalties for a failure to comply with these laws, confusion is not an
option. Join us for an instructive seminar that untangles the laws governing
the privacy of student and other school records.
- Recognizing a mixed student record and open records request
- Responding to a mixed student record and open records request
- Electronic records concerns
- Court and U.S. Department of Education opinions
- Privacy and consent laws for pupil surveys
- When can you share education records with outside law enforcement officers?
- When can you share education records with outside social workers?
- Do you know how to comply with the Children’s Internet Act?
- Do you know who can access free/reduced lunch information?
Other important information:
Six hours of EILA is available for this seminar.
We have a special room block rate with the hotel. Call Embassy Suites at 859-455-5000 or 800-EMBASSY and request the Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder room block rate for this training.
Venue Phone: 859-271-4000Address: