- August 23, 2017 - August 25, 2017
8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Please join us for an informative (3 day/15 hour) EILA training seminar focusing on special education law, including current court cases and new hot topics. Our experienced school law attorneys, Teresa T. Combs and Tia J. Combs, along with Marinell Kephart, Director of Special Education, will provide special education administrators with guidance and limitations on how to spend IDEA funds, basic personnel discipline requirements, in addition to timelines for school districts.
Whether you are a first time or an experienced director, you don’t want to miss this opportunity to keep up with all the latest information!
- Overview of Special Education Legal Responsibilities
- How to Interpret a Court Decision
- Reporting Crimes
- SBDM & Staffing
- Parent Defined
- DoSE Job Description
- Common Mistakes & Pitfalls
- KY Juvenile Justice
- ARC Chair Reponsibilities
- Procedural Signals
- ARC Tips
- IDEA & Section 504 Discipline
- Addressing State Complaints
- Independent Educational Evaluation
- Charter Schools Special Education Implications
- Timelines for DoSEs
- Senate Bill 1
- Eligibility & Diagnosis
- Classified Personnel
- Placement Options
- Certified Personnel
- Tips on Due Process Hearings
- Outside Observers & Providers
- Health Services
- Case Law and Hot Hearing Issues Update
- Private Schools
- Service Animals
- OSEP & OCR Update
Other important information:
Registration begins each day at 8:30 a.m.
Seminars on 8/23 & 8/24 begin at 9 a.m. and run through 4:30 p.m.
Seminar on 8/25 starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 12:30 p.m.
15 hours of EILA is available for this 2 1/2 day seminar.
We have a special room block rate with the hotel. Call Embassy Suites at 859-455-5000 or 800-EMBASSY and request the Mazanec, Raskin & Ryder room block rate for this training.
Venue Phone: 859-271-4000Address: