AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mr. Smith focuses his practice on civil rights and government liability, in addition to employment discrimination. David practices in both state and federal courts throughout Ohio.
Prior to joining MRR in 2012, he also handled commercial and residential real estate matters, contract disputes, appellate proceedings and administrative appeals. David began his legal career as the City of Cleveland Heights’ Assistant Prosecutor/Assistant Law Director.
- Ohio Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Governmental Committee, Membership Chair (Present)
- Former City of Cleveland Heights’ Assistant Prosecutor/Assistant Law Director
- “The Changing Role of Gender Discrimination” – MRR Business & Employment Law Roundtable (Dec. 2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- J.D., 2005, Cleveland State University – Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- B.S., 2002, Heidelberg College