AREAS OF PRACTICE
Mr. Smith focuses his practice on civil rights and government liability, and employment and labor law, as well as representing clients in a wide range of general liability matters including business disputes. He also counsels clients in employment matters.
David has considerable experience handling commercial and residential real estate matters, contract disputes, appellate proceedings and administrative appeals. He began his legal career as the City of Cleveland Heights’ Assistant Prosecutor/Assistant Law Director.
Mr. Smith regularly represents clients in both state and federal courts throughout Ohio, before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and has successfully represented clients in arbitrations under the American Arbitration Association and the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Services.
- Ohio Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Civil Rights & Governmental Liability Committee
- Marketing Committee Chair
- Membership Chair (Current)
- “The Changing Role of Gender Discrimination” – MRR Business & Employment Law Roundtable (Dec. 2016)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- J.D., 2005, Cleveland State University – Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- B.S., 2002, Heidelberg University