AREAS OF PRACTICE
Ms. Wright joined MRR in 2009. Since joining the firm she has had the privilege of representing counties, municipalities and their employees in a variety of cases, including claims related to alleged violations of the United States Constitution, violations of Ohio’s public record laws, and state law tort claims. She has successfully defended clients in cases involving the use of deadly force, jail suicides and claims that inmates were provided inadequate medical care while incarcerated in county jails.
Cara also represents public and private employers in cases alleging employment discrimination. In addition to defending employers in state and federal court, she has also appeared in cases before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Additionally, her experience includes representing professionals, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, behavioral health specialists, accountants and attorneys, in claims of professional negligence.
Prior to joining MRR, Cara worked as a law clerk at the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati, where she was selected as a finalist for an Equal Justice Works fellowship. She also worked for a civil rights law firm in Cincinnati while earning her law degree, as well as afterwards.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Association of Civil Trial Attorneys
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys (OACTA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Named an Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Star” for Local/State Municipal Law by Super Lawyers magazine (2016-2019)
- “Law Enforcement Required to Secure a Warrant Before Searching a Suspect’s Cell Phone” – MRR Municipal Alert (June 2014)
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District, Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- J.D., 2008, University of Cincinnati
- Dean’s List
- Summer Public Interest Fellow
- B.A., 2005, University of Cincinnati
- summa cum laude
- University Distinguished Honors Scholar